Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Free to See Events

                                                                                 
Not only do I want to go to new places but I want to experience new things.  I began researching cool things to do when I found a list of 'Free to See Events' on the National Geographic Travelers web page.  Of the 24 events 3 of them are right here in Washington State, including the Pike Place Market, bicycling through the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, and the National Lentil Festival Parade in Pullman.  There are other fun events such as the Idiotrod in New York City where people dressed as boy scouts push decorated shopping carts through the streets of New York in a spoof of the Alaskan Iditarod.  You may ask why someone would want to watch this, but I say why not.
                                                             
Skagit County Tulips
I love attending events in small communities and rural agricultural areas where they have festivals just to celebrate the main crop of the area.  Next year I will have to make it to Walla Walla for the 'Walla Walla Sweet Onion Festival'.

No comments:

Post a Comment