Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tree house in Costa Rica

When I was a kid our family vacations included going camping in Eastern Washington, that was it.  I really loved this camping trip, it was great, but as soon as I moved out of the house my parents started going on great vacations with my little brothers.  One year they went to Costa Rica, I didn't get to go...I'm not bitter though.

 ~Bathroom in the Beachhouse Suite~
Since I didn't get to go with the family I guess I should add it to my list and go without them.  When I thought about where I would like to go I thought it might be fun to see if they had hotels that were tree houses so I could sleep out in the jungle.  I found a very amazing hotel called simply, 'Tree House Lodge'.  They have four tree houses and offer a nightly rate or a preplanned adventure.  The Lodge is located in Punta Uva in the province of Limon. 

                                                           ~The Garden House~
There are beautiful beaches, iguanas, and wonderful fruit and drinks.  What could be better.  I love a good adventure and sleeping in a tree house that is open to the jungle sounds like an adventure to me.

1 comment:

  1. You should have been there with us. We saw monkeys everywhere, the howler monkeys woke us up in the mornings. Scarlett McCaws crowded in big groups in the trees and made a loud racket when you passed by. There were crocodiles in the bay around our hotel. We rode horses back into the coffee plantations in the hills. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete