Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Quebec Canada

The summer between my Junior and Senior years of high school my parents sent me to stay with a family friend in Montreal, Canada.  I was sent there under the pretext that I would practice my French while there.  I remember on the first day they asked my how old I was and made me answer in French, "Je suit dix-sept ans".  It was terrifying to try to speak French to these people because I had skipped most of Junior year of French class and really didn't learn anything.

While there the family took  me to see downtown Quebec and took me to Niagara Falls and many other beautiful places, unfortunately I was 17 and didn't appreciate the opportunity presented to me.  I remember eating savory crepes at an outdoor cafe' and walking through a street fair with artists and live music.  I enjoyed my time there but never really took advantage of the beautiful town I was in.  So I would love to be able to go back and really enjoy Quebec. 



No comments:

Post a Comment