Monday, August 22, 2011

Bicycle the west coast

A couple of years ago I began riding bicycles, since then I have toured some very beautiful places in Washington and Canada on my bike.  Danny enjoys doing this with me so it is a form of traveling we get to do together.

I decided last year that one day when the girls are out of the house I am going to take seven weeks to bicycle the west coast from Seattle to Mexico.  When I began looking into it I discovered that this is a very popular ride that people come from around the world to complete.  I read numerous blogs about people's journey along the west coast.  I read an interesting blog about one mans trip, he provided a great picture diary about his journey.


The nice thing about this trip is that it would check off a lot of the places I would like to travel all in one trip.  I would get to ride along the beautiful Oregon Coast, meander through the red woods in northern California, swim in the Pacific Ocean in Southern California, pedal across the Golden Gate Bridge and visit multiple lighthouses all while feeling the wind blow through my hair. 

Above is the Pigeon Point Lighthouse which is located just south of Pescadero California and is the tallest lighthouse in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment